A standard HIV test searches for antibodies in an individual’s blood. At the point when HIV enters an individual’s body, unique proteins are delivered and these are called p24 antigens. These antigens then, at that point, immediately vanish and are supplanted by antibodies. Antibodies are the body’s reaction to a contamination. So on the off chance that an individual has antibodies to HIV in their blood, it implies they have been contaminated with HIV.
There are just two exemptions for this standard. First and foremost, children brought into the world to positive moms hold their mom’s antibodies for as long as year and a half, and that implies they might test positive on a HIV neutralizer test, regardless of whether they are really HIV negative. For this reason infants brought into the world to positive moms might get a PCR test after birth. Also, certain individuals who have partaken in HIV immunization preliminaries might have HIV antibodies regardless of whether they are not tainted with the infection
What is a PCR test
PCR tests distinguish the hereditary material of HIV itself, and can recognize HIV in the blood inside a little while of disease.
The vast majority foster perceptible HIV antibodies inside 6 to 12 weeks of disease. In extremely uncommon cases, it can require as long as pcr bead a half year. It is really impossible that somebody would take more time than a half year to foster antibodies.
Getting tried sooner than 90 days might bring about a muddled test result, as a contaminated individual may not as yet have created antibodies to HIV. Be that as it may, the individual may as of now have elevated degrees of HIV in their blood, sexual liquids or bosom milk. Somebody can communicate HIV to someone else during the window time frame despite the fact that they don’t test positive on a neutralizer test. So it is ideal to hang tight for no less than 90 days after the last time you were in danger prior to stepping through the exam, and swear off unprotected sex or medication use with shared needles meanwhile.
Not-super great things about testing
There are a few things about having a HIV test that aren’t great:
* Figuring out that you are positive can be exceptionally upsetting and your personal satisfaction could endure.
* Assuming others realize you have HIV you could get terrible responses or feel that you are being discussed, albeit many individuals get great responses as well.
* Venture out limitations apply to individuals with HIV and you might be restriced or denied passage into a country
* In the event that you have had a positive HIV test result it tends to be troublesome, albeit certainly feasible, to get extra security as well as a home loan.
* On the off chance that you are ready for these ahead of time, they can pursue it simpler to take the choice to have a test, and manage the delayed consequences.
* Anything you conclude there is support for you to assist you with arriving at that choice.
Being analyzed as hiv positive is very focusing yet it improves over the long haul. There is a lot of help and backing accessible so kindly use it and dont disregard it.